Glowmark Thermo Plastic Marking
TRM is a hot applied resin based material supplied in dry mix powder from and used indeveloped countries for road marking. TRM gives high performance and cost effectiveness as itoffers extremely high visibility and durability throughout the life of the line
With the experience of advanced materials science and technology, JayantiConstruction Chemicals products are way ahead of the competition on all fronts especially in theterms of quality, performance and cost effectiveness. JCC thermoplastic material will bemanufactured to meet the requirements of BS 3262(1989), the MOST specifications and inaccordance with quality standards of ISO 9001:2000
1.Cost-effective: Initial cost per square meter is higher than conventional cold paint but thermoplastic is much more durable. It has 6 times longer life than cold paint and is therefore much more cost effective.
2. Fast drying : TRM cools within minutes, reducing traffic disruption and confusion. Wet tracks by vehicles are avoided since the paint dries quickly.
3. Environment friendly : Thermoplastic are dry 100% solids and after application harden by cooling resulting in no solvents being released in to the atmosphere.
4. Better control on thickness of coating: Thickness and line definition is strictly controlled mechanically, resulting in high quality markings.
5. Skid Resistance: TRP’s contain aggregates which makes marking less slippery and safer for vehicles.
6. Improved night time visibility: The inclusion of pre-mix and drop-on glass breads gives the line an immediate and enhanced night time reflectivity.
Glowmark Water Based Marking
Whether this water based retro reflective material is similar to that of hot melt thermo plastic retro reflective materials?
Yes property wise both are same.
Water Based Retro Reflective Material does not require any pre heating
like the Thermo Plastic material.
No, Water Based Retro Reflective Material application cannot be done by
No, Thermo Plastic material application requires Appx: 2.5-5.0 mm thick,
where as Water Based Retro Reflective Material application thickness is only 300-
400 Micron thickness.
The Material is not premixed with Glass beads, only drop on glass beads
is being applied at the rate of 300 to 400 Gms per Sq,.M
We recommend Airless spray system, pressure @ 3300 PSI (225 Kg/Sq.cm)
Is the water based retro reflective material similar to decorative materials like enamel or emulsion materials?
No, the Water Based Retro Reflective Material GLOWMARK WB is High
viscous and thicker Material. (Very high volume solid Material)
No, “GLOWMARK WB” Material gives a semi mat finish, as glass beads
are present on the Material surface it glitters only to the drivers on the vehicles at
a particular angle to guide them properly.
It is property of Material surface that can offer a resistance to the vehicle
tyres, when vehicles are fast moving. If the skid resistance value is low the gliding
of vehicle is more. So the skid resistance property is very much important for road
line marking Materials. Skid resistance value of 50 to 55 is recommended.
It has the skid resistance value of more than 50. Where as thermo plastic
Materials has around 45.
It is the time required in minutes, to get dry the Material surface after
application to a specified film thickness at that time the applied Material film does
not stick. ASTM D 711 gives the method of testing.
No pick up time for “GLOWMARK WB” Materials is 2 – 7 minute at 24
Complete dry time for “GLOWMARK WB” Material is 10-15 minutes.
Wear resistance is the vital property for any traffic Material. It is the
resistance offered by any Material film to erosion of Material materials by fast
moving vehicles. It is measured by ASTM D 4060 or ASTM D 968 methods.
Normal value for ASTM D 4060 is 30 – 80 Mg per 500 gm load for 500 Cycles.
Upper values means wear resistance property is lower. The value of this material
is between 0.028 – 0.030 mg/ 1000gm/ 1000 cycles.
The failure of bonding between asphalt and aggregate is called stripping. Loss of
bonding results in lowered performance.
The following five primary mechanisms that either individually or together cause the debonding
of asphalt from aggregate.
1. Detachment which is the separation caused by water of the asphalt film from the aggregate
without any visual break in the asphalt firm.
2. Displacement which results from the intrusion of water to the aggregate surface through a
break in the asphalt film or through the film itself.
3. Spontaneous emulsion which is the formation of a inverted reversible emulsion at the
4. Pore pressure which is the increased pressure caused by circulation of trapped water
through the void structure of the aggregate.
5. Hydraulic scouring which occurs on surface courses because of a compression tension
cycle caused by the interaction of tire pressure with surface water.
Of the different ways to minimize the effect of water on the pavement liquid
Antistripping agents are frequently used.
It has been observed that the natural stone aggregate normally used for road construction and
surface treatment generally do not conform to the stripping requirements viz. 5% (maximum)
specified by Indian Roads Congress – Most of the stones in Indian States have been found to show
a very high stripping value ranging from 20% 90% when tested by standard methods. The fact
further necessitates the adoption of suitable measure to reduce the stripping to at least permissible
limits, when exposed to moist conditions. Incorporation of 0.3 to 1% BITUBUILD in the bitumen
binder used for coating such defective stones reduces the stripping not only to permissible limits
but to almost nil.
Advantages of using BITUBUILD are.
- BITUBUILD lowers the surface tension of bitumen and makes the binder stick firmly even to wet aggregate and resistant to stripping action of water. It, therefore, makes it possible to paint the wet the road surface immediately after the construction of Water Bound Macadam.
- BITUBUILD improves the workability and spreading/penetrating power of the binder and thus promotes smooth and stable coating of the stone aggregate.
- By its virtue of chemical composition. BITUBUILD concentrates in the surface layers and thus prevents stripping of the binder both at the aggregate binder and the road binder interphases. Thus the binder containing BITUBUILD holds the road surface and chippings together with a formidable grip.
- Use of BITUBUILD is very cost effective, as very small quantity is required to get satisfactory results.
- Anti-stripping effect of BITUBUILD is lasting and it therefore considerably prolongs the life of surface treatment, besides preventing reveling in the freshly surfaced roads.
- BITUBUILD improves the wet strength of the bituminous surfaces.
- BITUBUILD makes the binder stick to a wet road and thus makes the surface dressing possible even during wet weather and thus extends the road season.
- Action of BITUBUILD is quick and road may be used by traffic immediately after surfacing has been completed.
- BITUBUILD prevents the formation of pot holes in the road surface and thus facilitates its smooth performances resulting into convenience to traffic besides saving of expenditure and time on frequent repairs.
- BITUBUILD reduces the wear and tear of vehicles by helping in smooth performance of the road surface.
- BITUBUILD helps to start the surface dressing work even in the morning hours.
- Using BITUBUILD is not a minor improvement to surface dressing technique. It is a revolution
With the experience of advanced materials science and technology, Jayanti
Construction Chemicals products are way ahead of the competition on all fronts especially in the
terms of quality, performance and cost effectiveness. JCC material will be manufactured to meet
the requirements of ISI 14982, the MOST specifications and in accordance with quality standards
of ISO standards.